Spotlight on Financial Abuse
On Tuesday, June 21st, 2011 a knowledge exchange "Spotlight on Financial Abuse" was hosted by the BC Association of Communirty Response Networkss, the BC Centre for Elder Advocacy and Support, the National Initiative for the Care of the Elderly, the Public Guardian and Trustee of BC, and the SFU Gerontology Research Centre.
At this World Elder Abuse Awareness Day event, 63 participants representing government, social services, community agencies, the financial sector, academics, police and the legal community gathered to share information on initiatives related to the prevention, detection and response to financial abuse in our communities.
- Agenda for Spotlight on Financial Abuse Knowledge Exchange
- Panel Presentation; Abuse, Neglect and Self Neglect - A Whole Community Response
- Panel Presentation; New Curriculum for Adult Workers Within Health Autorities (Amanda Brown)
- Highlights of Bill 29 (Kimberly Azyan)
- Financial Exploitation (Ken Conrad)
- Conceptualizing and Measuring Financial Exploitation of Older Adults (Ken Conrad)
- Financial Exploitation Care Recommendations Worksheet (Ken Conrad)
- Financial Exploitation Statements by Cluster (Ken Conrad)
- Theft by Power of Attorney Police Tool (Christina Wolf)
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day Proclamation