It's Not Right! Neighbours, Friends & Families Representing the very best collective thinking in Canada for public education on abuse and neglect of older adults. It's Not Right! Neighbours, Friends & Families (INR-NFF) was originally developed by The Centre for Research & Education on Violence against Women & Children (CREVAWC) at the University of Western Ontario.
BC CRN is the authorized provider of this program in British Columbia.
Download the BC CRN program brochure
Upcoming Community Presenter Training Sessions
February 1, 2018 - Burnaby - Metro Town Area
- For more information contact Christiine Spinder at email@example.com
Contact your local Regional Mentor or the INR Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in holding training in your community.
Community Presenter TrainingCommunity presenters work with local CRNs to deliver public presentations and workshops. BC CRN welcomes the public to become INR community presenters.
Individuals must first complete training, and be certified by BC CRN before any presentations are conducted.
Fees: There is no cost, outside of participant time to attend training and complete homework, for the training.
There are no pre-requisites to apply.
To help with conducting a successful presentation, it is useful to have:
- -Previous experience or some knowledge in facilitating group discussions and managing sensitive questions.
- -A general knowledge of the topic of adult abuse, neglect, and self-neglect.
Public Presentations and WorkshopsThe public is welcome to book a 45-minute to 2 hour presentation or workshop for their organization or community group.
Presentation participants will learn to:
- - Recognize the warning signs and risk factors of senior abuse.
- - Recognize the role ageism plays in abuse.
- - Recognize the impact of abusive behaviour.
- - Hold supportive and respectful conversations.
- - Who to refer to, and where to find help.
To request a presentation, or attend an event in your community, contact your local Community Response Network (CRN).
It's Not Right! Library
Trainers, community presenters and CRNs: Click here to access and download the It's Not Right! guides, forms, and tip sheets.