Gathering Wheel – Best Practices in Prevention of Adult Abuse and Neglect
The BC Association of Community Response Networks is very pleased to have received funding from, and be working in partnership with the National Crime Prevention Strategy, Community Mobilization Program to "gather up" and share 'Best Practices' in Prevention of Adult Abuse and Neglect. The project runs until June 2006.
Legal Remedies for Financial Abuse/Crime Project
The BC Association of Community Response Networks, is very pleased to have received funding from The Law Foundation of BC for this project. The Legal Remedies project delivered specific interdisciplinary training for CRN members and those who work with situations of financial abuse or crime. The project provided necessary legal education and increased relationship opportunities to support more effective and innovative community responses to financial abuse and crime.
Seniors Council on Learning
New Horizons Project 2010-2011
BCACRN was awarded one of two of BC's major projects under a 2009 Federal funding call aimed at prevention of abuse of older adults. The project is to run eighteen months, with regional events being held across BC from October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011. The project objectives are:
- Rebuilding local membership and connecting networks
- Spreading information about local, regional, provincial and federal projects in the field of prevention of abuse of older adults (within and outside of existing CRNs.)
- Recent research shows:
- People are not aware of the rapidly growing wealth of knowledge
- People want to connect with projects and others in the field.
- We think there are about twenty initiatives or projects at provincial and federal levels we need to know about. In addition we are depending on you in your CRNs to inform all of us of your successes and challenges / learnings.
- Supporting other BC Projects, such as the ‘Finding Home’ Project (Multicultural Seniors Dialogues), which is about Elder Financial Abuse Awareness. This project has an ethnocultural approach and the support of Neighborhood Houses. BCACRN will also cooperate with the BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres in a project focused on prevention of abuse of older adults, which was funded earlier.
- Castlegar Workshop - Thursday, October 28 - 9:00am - 4:00pm
- A CRN Poem
- Click here for more information and Preliminary Schedule of 10 Regional Gatherings
- Finding Home February 2011 Newsletter
North Shore Adults Support Network - My Circle (Vanguard Project) Final Report
Vanguard Provincial Strategy Document and related material
The Provincial Strategy Document - Vulnerable Adults and Capability (the “Provincial Strategy Document”) brings together research on law and policy in relation to adult abuse / neglect prevention andmental capability. These materials clarify key language and summarize relevant laws, canvasinternationally existing practice protocols and guidelines, assemble advocacy and protocoldevelopment resources, and make recommendations for change in British Columbia.
A report by the BCACRN in response to findings in the Vanguard Project
This is a report by the BC Association of Community Response Networks (BCACRN) in response to findings in the Vanguard Project.